National Cadet Corps (NCC)
DEPARTMENT OF NCC
The college has also an active unit of NCC. In2012-2013 to our college 30 cadet’s N.C.C. troop has been sanctioned by 13 Maharashtra Battalion N.C.C. khamgaon. Now authorized strength of troop is 30. This is a unit of 21 boys and 09 girls. In this unit we are giving unique opportunity to the college students to grow academically and professionally. Here we are making them physically as well as mentally tough. Our aim is to develop qualities of character, courage, comradeship, Discipline, Leaderships, Secular outlook, Spirit of adventure, Sportsmanship and ideal of selfless services among the youth to make them useful citizens.
This department aims at creating a Human Resource of Organized, Trained and Motivated Youth, to Provide Leadership in all Walks of life and be Always Available for the Service of the Nation. The wide array of activities undertaken by the NCC include basic training sessions in first-aid, drill, communication, map reading and weapon training. Advanced training in mountaineering, rock climbing, para-jumping and cycling offer the cadets exciting vistas to quench their thirst for adventure. Apart from building sense of patriotism, it also moulds the cadets into able and smart citizens of tomorrow.
Students are enrolled after a selection procedure. Those who acquire the prescribed training are given certificates, which make them eligible for grace marks in admission for higher studies.
Shri G.S.RAKHONDE , is the chief of this department.
ADVANTAGES OF NCC TRAINING TO STUDENTS
- NCC is second line of defense. NCC cadets are working with regular armed force during the war. Being enrolled with NCC students are directly associated with Ministry of Defense.
- By NCC training, students develop qualities like social services, team spirit, leadership, discipline, and self confidence.
- Since NCC training camps are held at different places in the country, cadets get opportunity to visit important historical and industrial places and social centers. Due to this students widen their horizon and develop ambition to do creative work.
- NCC cadets are taught subject like Civil defense and Self defense due to this students develop national sprit and confidence.
- NCC cadets are attached with Army units every year so that they get acquainted with the Army life.
- NCC trained students are given priority in recruitment in Central Reserve Force and B.S.F. etc.
- Central and State Govts. as well as many industrialists give priority in jobs for NCC trained students.
- In army, police recruitment, competitive exam Student defiantly got benefit of N.C.C.
- Leadership Camp (BLC)
- Shivsji Treail trek(STT)
- Thal Sainik Camp (TSC)
- Army Attachment Camp (AAC)
- Republic Day Camp (RDC)
- Republic Day Camp (RDC)
- Combined Annual Training Camp (CATC)
Besides these, College also involve the NCC cadets in the various college function, like tree plantation, blood donation camps, Independence Day, Republic Day celebration and NCC events.
Achievements of the NCC Unit:
- In session 2017-18 ,50 NCC Cadets of our college participated in 06 camps like- ATC, RDC, TSC, Army Attachment camp, Trekking Camp.
- 3 NCC Cadets participated in National Shivaji Trail Trek Camp On 30/11/2017 to 10/12/2017.
- Ku. PALLAVI PURNAJI DAMODAR was selected for Pre-RDC camp at state level in 2018.
- SWAPNIL PANDURANG IKHARE was selected for Pre- RDC camp at group level in 2018.
- Ku. Pushpa Pralhad Jaival and Avinash Shivaji Kharat Selected for TSC camp at Group level (Cat.- 01) in 2014.
- 09 NCC cadets successfully completed their C – Certificate examination in the 2018.
- In February 2017, 10 students appeared for the exam of "C" Cert at the N.C.C. centre, Jalgaon[khandesh]. In this exam all student got success and we got 100% result.
Acitivites by NCC Department:-
- "Voter awearness" Campaign, Elocution competition, pulse-polio Campaign, control on pollution, blood donation Camp, tree plantation, Safety drive programme, N.C.C Establishment Day such various programs were also organized by N.C.C.
- Celebrated N.C.C Establishment Day- Prof. V.R.Bansile delivered speech on this occasion on 24th November 2013 .
- Participation of NCC Cadets in Rally organized by Tahsil Department On the occasion of National Voter Day on 25th January 2014.
- N.C.C Cadets helped in the Pulse-polio Expedition on every year.
- In February 2018, 07 students appeared for the exam of "B" Cert at the N.C.C. centre, khamgaon. In this exam all student got success and we got 100% result.